Sunday, March 29, 2009

public school lunch

my older sister and her husband, who live in baltimore, came into town for the weekend. we met up with some friends for lunch at one of my neighborhood favorites: curly's vegetarian lunch. curly's caters to my predominantly meatless diet, and, when i was a vegan, became a safe-haven of sorts (their vegan cakes are delicious!). my sister ginny ordered the public school lunch (old school), while i opted for the moose lodge pancakes... i'm always a sucker for breakfast food. other table favorites included white bean chili and bbq soy tempeh.

although the space is on the small side (room enough for about 10 tables), it's totally worth the wait. curly's usually has pretty quick service, but, if you're the impatient type, they have a cup of crayons at every table to encourage placemat art. in fact, one entire wall is covered in artwork from patrons past. two thumbs way up in my book!


No comments:

Post a Comment