Friday, March 27, 2009

sweet treats in the village


after turning me on to one of her favorite blogs, rockstar diaries, my dear friend bridget has inspired me to write about my own life in nyc. that being said, i've decided to share some of my favorite things about this delightful city, including (but not limited to): neighborhoods, restaurants, coffee shops, vintage stores, record stores and the like.

that brings us to my latest discovery, butter lane. my roommates and i were first introduced to these sweet treats back in february (thanks, palmer). they've since become a staple for every important occasion--like cathryn's birthday yesterday. while you should sample all of these delectible creations (new york times, new york magazine and martha stewart are all fans), my recent favorite is key lime. yum!

another east village favorite of mine is birdbath, a green (and vegan-friendly) bakery. a stone's throw from my apartment, birdbath has some of the most mouth-watering baked goods i've ever tasted. i'd recommend either the vegan raspberry muffin or the whole wheat croissant. while still super buttery (as they should be!), i somehow feel less guilty eating a whole wheat croissant...

1 comment:

  1. They look so good!
    I wish they had places like that in New Zealand *sigh*

    ReplyDelete