Wednesday, January 6, 2010

highs, lows and uh-ohs

while 2009 certainly had its ups and downs, i'm more than ecstatic to have ended it on such a high note. what could be better than ringing in a new year with some of your nearest and dearest?

my sweet friend jocelyn (who is quite the talented designer--graphic, jewelry and otherwise) took a couple snapshots to remember our night by.



{photographs courtesy of jocelyn negron}

for several years now, my friends and i have played this game called "highs, lows and uh-ohs" (which originated during our weekly family-style dinners in college). we would go around in a circle and share the "high," "low" and "uh-oh" moments of the week.

in keeping with tradition, we did the same for the year 2009. my "high" moment of 2009 was hands down starting my new job at the new school; the "low" moment being the dark time when i was sad about my old job; and the "uh-oh" moment being eviction from my month-old apartment situation in late september (and, consequently, being homeless for three weeks until we found a new place) because my landlord failed to comply with city building codes. sheesh! some year, huh? t.g.i.2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment